In India, most lenders provide personal loans to doctors (consultants and practicing professionals) working in a government, private hospital or a clinic. Many times, doctors have to work in remote areas where they may not have all facilities to treat their patients well. In such conditions, with the help of Doctor Loan they can establish their own clinic, expand or add facilities to their existing clinics to provide better medical aids to their patients.
UNIQUE FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF DOCTOR LOAN
- In doctor loan no collateral/ security or guarantor is required.
- This loan is designed exclusively for doctors and medical practitioners to meet their personal as well as professional needs.
- Flexible repayment tenure ranging from 12 months to 60months. Some lenders may also offer loans for a tenure up to 96 months.
- Quick approval and fast disbursals.
- Minimum Documentation.
- In comparison to other self-employed professionals, doctors are offered personal loans at lower interest rates.
- Loan Amount- lenders can lend up to Rs.50 lakhs.
- Interest Rates- In comparison to other self-employed professionals, doctors are offered at rates starting at 11.25% (approx.) and varies from lenders to lenders.
Doctor loan can be taken to fulfill any of the following purposes:
- To meet expenses of professional requirement.
- For development of clinic / clinic-cum-residence, nursing home, pathological laboratory.
- For purchase of medical / diagnostic equipment, setting up of operation theatre etc.
- For purchase of office equipment.
- For purchase of car, ambulance, etc.
- For expansion/ renovation/ modernization of existing premises/ clinic/ nursing home.
- Working Capital requirement including stock of medicines.
ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA FOR DOCTOR LOAN
|AGE:||Minimum: 21 years Maximum: 65 years.|
|ELIGIBLE PROFILE:||Salaried Doctors and Self-Employed doctors.|
|EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:||Graduate Doctors (MBBS/BDS) Post Graduate Doctors (MD/DM/MS/MCH/MDS) who have a minimum of 4 years of post-qualification experience. Ayurvedic and Homeopathic doctors (BHMS/BAMS): Minimum 2 years o post qualification required and should own a house or a clinic.|
|CIBIL 720 and above.|
Here are the documents required for applying for DOCTOR LOAN :
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Educational qualification certificate.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Income Documents- Last two-year ITR
- KYCs- Identity Proof and Address Proof.
- Salary Slips- for employed.
- Property Ownership Proof (either office or residence)- for self-employed.
- Last 6-12 months bank statement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Doctor loan or Personal loan for doctors?
As the name suggests Doctor loans are loan designed exclusively for doctors or medical practitioners. It is a collateral free loan and can be used for any purpose.
2. How do Doctor Loans work?
The process for availing doctor loan remains the same as for personal loan. You just need to complete the documents and apply. You can also opt for online lenders.
3. Is doctor loan different from normal personal loan?
There is not much difference in personal loan and personal loan for doctors. Certain difference that can arise is in approval of maximum Loan Amount, Interest rates and processing fees.
4. How long does it take to get a doctor loan?
Just like a normal personal loan, doctor loan would take usually 1-2 working days for loan processing and disbursement complete within 4-6 working days.
5. Is CIBIL Score important for taking doctor loan?
Yes, just like any other loan a healthy credit score or cibil score is necessary for availing doctor loan. A good cibil score would help you to get good loan amount at better interest rates.
6. For what purposes can I use doctor loan?
Since there is no restriction on the end useof this loan you can use it for any of the following purpose:
- For Debt Consolidation.
- For planning family vacations, or for wedding expenses etc.
- For business purpose: such as setting up new clinic, adding or purchasing medical equipment etc.
7. How much loan can I get in a doctor loan?
While some lenders offer loan up to Rs.50 lakhs, it basically depends upon your credit core and the assessment.
At Mantra, we can help you to choose from a variety of options and get the best deal.
8. Do I need to keep any security or collateral to avail a doctor loan?
No, just like any other normal personal loan you do not have to provide any security or collateral to avail a doctor loan.
9. What is the Loan repayment tenor for doctor loan?
Doctor loans come with flexible repayment tenure ranging from 12 months to 60 months. At Mantra, we can help you get lenders offering repayment tenure up to 96 months.
10. At what interest rates can I get a doctor loan?
Since doctors have an honorable profession therefore many lenders offer loans at good interest rates.From a variety of options available at Mantra, we would help you to go for lenders providing cheaper and affordable interest rates.